“Jergens Naturals body moisturisers are good…as you can get the whole range, which caters for the skin’s different needs, for less than £20. Taking time to massage your moisturiser in will make the skin look better and make the product more effective.”
Made with 95% all natural ingredients, the Jergens Naturals range utilises products formulated from the finest plant-derived extracts, to ensure they are effective and quickly absorbed by your skin. The other 5% is made up of a small amount of preservatives, emulsifiers and fragrances to prolong their freshness and longevity. The whole range is produced in the UK to minimise carbon miles, not tested on animals and don’t contain parabens, so they’re guilt and risk free!
My favorite of the range is the Age Defying Moisturiser with Green Tea Extract. Green Tea is well known for its anti-oxidant properties that protect the skins surface from damaging environmental elements known to cause premature ageing of the skin. It also contains mint leaf, sage and rosemary oils, that protect, stimulate and tone the skin.
Immediately after applying, the moisturiser melts into the skin, leaving it feeling deliciously soft and supple. The combination of essential oils work quickly, making the skin tingle instantly causing a lovely, cooling sensation, like splashing ice water onto your face immediately after a hot bath. I used it on my face at the beginning and end of the day, and found my skin was left feeling soft, toned, and nourished, with a matt finish that provided an excellent base for makeup application.
If, like me, you’re perpetually plagued by “bingo-wing” worries, then Rubie advises:
“It is important to maintain good circulation in the area - gently scrub it and moisturise with Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating body moisturiser, which is intensely nourishing. Regular massage and dry skin brushing are very good for reducing the appearance of cellulite, as they improve the circulation and movement of fatty toxins in the skin- (Using) Skin Firming body moisturiser improves the appearance of skin rapidly.”
Jergens Ultra Hydrating moisturiser uses nourishing Jojoba, Avocado and Olive essential oils, that mimic the skins natural defence barrier sebum, locking in natural moisture whilst guarding against free radicals and damaging elements. Despite the use of essential oils, the moisturiser itself is pleasantly non-greasy, is absorbed quickly and leaves skin feeling quenched, supple and dewy in texture.
The Skin Firming moisturiser adds an extra kick to your skin care routine. It promises to visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite prone skin, by using soothing, firming and anti-oxidant rich extracts of pomegranate, green and white tea, aloe leaf and palm kernels.
It has a noticeably thicker consistency than the other moisturisers, which encourages you to massage the affected areas thoroughly until it is absorbed. This serves to stimulate the blood circulation and break down the fatty deposits of toxins that form cellulite, so your body is able to detoxify itself more easily. After use my skin immediately felt rosy and hydrated, and although there were no immediate cellulite-busting effects, I did find after continuous use that the skin on my thighs and upper arms felt more toned and smooth; Whether this is down to the moisturiser or the application technique is hard to tell, but the condition of my skin twinned with the added bonus of a scent like a luscious summer-fruit cocktail makes it all seem worthwhile.
Whatever your skin requirements, the Jergens Naturals range promises to deliver efficient and effective treatments without the need for copious synthetic ingredients and chemicals. Each moisturiser only costs £4.88 and they really do last well, so you could spoil yourself rotten by buying one of each, ensuring that every inch of you is moisturised in just the right way, without having to spend a small fortune. But don’t just take my word for it, even Rubie Hammer recommends them…